Interactive Zoom Meeting
Monday, September 18, 2023
- Friday, September 22, 2023
Eastern Standard Time
What is the Schedule?
September 18th-20th, 2023 - 1:00-5:00 pm ET and September 21st-22nd, 2023 - 1:00-4:00 pm ET
Join us for a 360 view of the FSS program. In this training we will view the program from all perspectives starting from the regulations that are the foundation of the program and the Action Plan--the administrative framework for the program. We will explore the program through the lens of a case manager who runs the program, delving into the role of the program partners, the supports from the PHA/Agency, the Program Coordinating Committee, accounting and the community. You’ll build your skills reviewing forms, calculating escrow, evaluating your programs success and understanding reporting requirements. Throughout the training we will be keeping a REDI (Racial Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) lens to ensure clients are at the forefront of our program and policies.
Through this training you will acquire the skills and knowledge needed to develop and support a compliant, successful and innovative FSS program. This training is compliant and updated to the FSS Final Rule.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Implement best practices in case management techniques, including identifying individual participant needs, goal setting and determining when to create the Individual Training and Service Plan (ITSP)
- Understand and execute the Contract of Participation
- Assess your FSS Program Action Plan and its required elements
- Identify strategies to design and develop an FSS program to meet the needs of your participants
- Discuss strategies to improve the image of the Housing Choice Voucher and Public Housing Programs through the FSS Program
- Accurately calculate escrow credits
- Leverage community resources by creating a strong Program Coordinating Committee (PCC)
- Understand and apply the requirements for graduation and Portability rules
- Importance of program supports and their role: Program Coordinating Committee, accounting and the community
- Implement program reporting requirements
- Evaluate your programs success
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.
Please note that a NAHRO ethics training is a requirement for ALL NAHRO certifications.
Ethics is NOT included in this course - if you would like to take one of our ethics trainings, you must purchase and take that course separately.
To learn what ethics course is required for your intended certification, please visit HERE.