NSPIRE for Housing Choice Voucher
Interactive Zoom Meeting
Monday, April 01, 2024
- Wednesday, April 03, 2024
Eastern Standard Time
April 1-3, 9 am-12 pm AND 1-4 pm ET each day
This program is designed for the Housing Choice Voucher TBV and PBV Program that is now required to use the new inspection program known as National Standards for the Physical Inspections of Real Estate (NSPIRE-V). This is not the Public Housing programs course. HUD has begun a complete review and revamp of the Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) inspection protocols. This training will help attendees understand and begin preparations for the implementation of NSPIRE. During this training, participants will learn about the new NSPIRE protocol, including standards, variances, enforcement, corrective actions, and administration, as well as why HUD is implementing the new protocol. We will take you deep into the standards, health and safety factors, the corrective timetable for deficiencies, proper methods to conduct an inspection, and new conditions that are now required under the program.
After completing this training, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the new inspection requirements and standards.
- Provide methods to improve the information in the Administrative Plan and manage variations.
- Obtain a better understanding of inspectable areas and the levels of deficiencies.
- Understand the conformity with Annual, Biennial, Triennial Standards and Alternative Inspection Methods.
- Understand the new Updated NSPIRE Checklist, Standards, Lead-based Paint Protocol, and Affirmative Habitability Requirements.
- Understand foundational information that can be used by all personnel as a guide to the standards and processes.
Who should attend?
- HCV Directors of small agencies who conduct inspections
- HCV Directors of Operations of small agencies who conduct inspections
- HCV Inspectors
- PBV and HCV Housing Managers
- Section 8 Moderate Rehabilitation Programs
- RAD Conversions to PBV
- Maintenance Supervisors Managing PBV Properties
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.