Section 3 and Labor Standards: Job Opportunities for Low-Income Persons
Interactive Zoom Meeting
Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- Friday, February 24, 2023
Tuesday, February 21 to Friday, February 24 from 1:00-4:00 pm ET each day
This training covers two areas PHAs often struggle with. This training will focus on ensuring compliance with the Section 3 standards took effect November 2020, as well as compliance with complex Labor Standard regulations. Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Act of 1968 that promotes local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency. The Section 3 program required recipients of certain HUD financial assistance to provide job training, employment, and contract opportunities for low or very-low-income residents. We will also review labor standards, including Davis-Bacon, prevailing wage, contract work hours, and other laws and regulations your PHA needs to comply with.
- After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Recall the latest provisions of Section 3 standards and reporting
- Implement a Section 3 program that complies with all Federal laws and requirements
- Identify the Section 3 requirements associated with the use of Federal funds
- Develop a Section 3 action/implementation plan
- Review information on required record keeping, compliant processing, and resolution for labor standards and Section 3.
- Operationalize methodologies to ensure contractor compliance
- Learn of the best practices of other agencies in the industry
Who should attend?
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy