Ethics for Housing Professionals
Interactive Zoom Meeting
Tuesday, August 01, 2023
1:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time
August 2, 2023 from 1:30-4:00pm ET
This course will introduce housing and community development employees to the impacts of ethical decision making in the housing industry. Participants will explore the impacts of ethical decision making and learn how ethical behavior benefits housing professionals, organizations, and the housing industry.
Participants will review common housing scenarios to identify ethical dilemmas and conflicts of interest, explore strategies to avoid them, and connect NAHRO’s Code of Professional Conduct to their everyday work.
This course satisfies the requirements to obtain many of NAHRO’s certifications. Complete requirements may be found at www.nahro.org/certifications.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Explore the impacts of ethics in the affordable housing & community development industry.
- Define ethics and conflicts of interests.
- Identify ethical dilemmas and conflicts of interests and apply strategies to avoid them.
- Apply ethical principles to decision-making.
Who should attend?
This course is recommended for all front-line housing professionals, including :
- Office staff
- HCV specialists
- Eligibility staff, inspectors
- Contract administrators, resident services
- FFS staff
- Other non-supervisory/management staff.
Housing managers, executives and commissioners should attend the applicable NAHRO training, either Ethics for Management or Ethics for Commissioners.
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.