NSPIRE for Public Housing
Interactive Zoom Meeting
Monday, May 06, 2024
- Friday, May 10, 2024
Eastern Standard Time
May 6-8 from 1 pm-5 pm ET each day AND May 9-10 from 1 pm-4 pm ET each day.
This program is designed for the Public Housing Program, which is now required to implement the new inspection program known as the National Standards for the Physical Inspections of Real Estate (NSPIRE). This is not the HCV program course.
HUD has begun a complete review and revamp of the Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) inspection protocols for public housing and other assisted housing programs. This training will help attendees understand the new standards, the scoring system, and the impact of the deficiencies identified during the inspection. Agencies are completely transitioning from UPCS to NSPIRE and need to start preparing for the implementation of NSPIRE.
During this training, participants will learn about the new NSPIRE protocol, including the new 63 standards, types of deficiencies, impact on the scoring, and administration. The training will include photos of actual deficiencies so individuals will understand the new criteria and the difference between life-threatening, severe, moderate, and low. The three areas of the inspection will be covered: Outside, Inside, and Unit. Get your agency ready to implement the new protocol.
We will take you deep into the standards and the impact of each deficiency and provide methods to focus on and correct life-threatening and severe conditions to improve an agency's scores for PHAS.
- Provide a greater understanding of the new inspection requirements and standards.
- Provide methods to improve the scores of the Public Housing Program.
- Obtain a better understanding of inspectable areas and the levels of deficiencies.
- Provide foundation information that can be used by all personnel as a guide to the standards and processes.
Who should attend?
- Public Housing Executive Directors of small agencies who conduct inspections.
- PH Directors of Operations of small agencies who conduct inspections.
- Public Housing Inspectors.
- Public Housing Managers.
- PH Maintenance Supervisors and Maintenance Personnel.
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.
Please note that a NAHRO ethics training is a requirement for ALL NAHRO certifications.
Ethics is NOT included in this course - if you would like to take one of our ethics trainings, you must purchase and take that course separately.
To learn what ethics course is required for your intended certification, please visit HERE.