Interactive Zoom Meeting
Tuesday, November 28, 2023
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time
Tuesday, November 28th from 1:00-4:00pm ET
The Housing Opportunity through Modernization Act has made a myriad of changes to the Housing Choice Voucher Program and Public Housing. This course is not for beginners, as we will be covering only the program changes and how they impact your program and policy. We will discuss the pro’s and cons and collaborate on ideas to operationalize the required changes and to make decisions that best fit your agency and your clients.
Who should attend?
Housing Agency staff that run Public Housing or HCV Programs
- Identify regulatory changes in eligibility and annual income for applicants and participant families
- Determine Administrative Plan/ACOP Revisions to existing and new policies.
- Update knowledge on what is considered income and what is excluded
- Illustrate how the allowances affect participant rents.
- Operationalize the phase in and hardship clauses built within the changes to limit impacts on families.
- Obtain knowledge on when to process interim re-examinations and determine the effective dates.
- Refresh knowledge on the student rule
- Pre-emptively celebrate the end of EID which is within 2 years of the final rule.
- Apply the asset limits to your program at new admission and re-examinations.
- Understand and apply the updated Income Limits in Public Housing
- Uphold the HCV program and regulations to the highest standards
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.