DEI and Community Readiness Series
Interactive Zoom Meeting
Tuesday, August 22, 2023
- Thursday, August 24, 2023
Eastern Standard Time
August 22, 23, and 24, 2023 from 1:30-4:30pm ET each day
Are you wondering “what’s next” for your organization’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts? This new 3-part series on DEI and Community Readiness will take you through the process of exploring DEI in affordable housing, assessing your agency and your community’s readiness and creating Diversity Statements that will really make a difference.
This is a 3-part series so you’ll want to attend!
1. An Introduction to Fairness through DEI
2. Assessing Readiness
3. Creating Diversity Statements that Make a Difference.
- Have a basic understanding of the concepts of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and how implicit bias impacts achieving DEI in our work.
- Explore the historical context for DEI and the impacts on housing.
- How DEI objectives align with overall Organizational goals
- Assess, gauge and plan for DEI readiness in your organization and in your community.
- Explore readiness models, survey tools and strategies.
- Discover key elements that will make or break your DEI statement.
This training was made possible by a grant from the Wells Fargo, which allowed NAHRO to conduct research to learn more about the information and training needs of housing agencies in the vital sphere of diversity, equity and inclusion.
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.