Section 3 and Labor Standards: Job Opportunities for Low-Income Persons
Interactive Zoom Meeting
Tuesday, September 12, 2023
- Friday, September 15, 2023
Eastern Standard Time
September 12th-15th, 2023 - 1:00-4:00 pm ET
This training covers two areas PHAs often struggle with. This training will focus on ensuring compliance with the Section 3 standards took effect November 2020, as well as compliance with complex Labor Standard regulations. Section 3 is a provision of the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Act of 1968 that promotes local economic development, neighborhood economic improvement, and individual self-sufficiency. The Section 3 program required recipients of certain HUD financial assistance to provide job training, employment, and contract opportunities for low or very-low-income residents. We will also review labor standards, including Davis-Bacon, prevailing wage, contract work hours, and other laws and regulations your PHA needs to comply with.
- After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Recall the latest provisions of Section 3 standards and reporting
- Implement a Section 3 program that complies with all Federal laws and requirements
- Identify the Section 3 requirements associated with the use of Federal funds
- Develop a Section 3 action/implementation plan
- Review information on required record keeping, compliant processing, and resolution for labor standards and Section 3.
- Operationalize methodologies to ensure contractor compliance
- Learn of the best practices of other agencies in the industry
Who should attend?
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy
Please note that a NAHRO ethics training is a requirement for ALL NAHRO certifications.
Ethics is NOT included in this course - if you would like to take one of our ethics trainings, you must purchase and take that course separately.
To learn what ethics course is required for your intended certification, please visit HERE.