Teaming for Success! Developing Effective Resident Councils
Interactive Zoom Meeting
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- Thursday, September 29, 2022
Eastern Standard Time
Tuesday, September 27-Thursday, September 29 from 1:00-4:00pm ET
Are there ever challenges or disagreements between the housing agency and residents? Learn how to improve those relationships by creating successful partnerships between the resident council and the housing agency.
Establishing a vibrant resident council can improve relationships within the public housing community, promote collaboration and provide impactful, meaningful advocacy opportunities. Successful collaboration can lead to increased development, renovation; promote safe healthy neighborhoods and provide pathways to independence for residents.
This training will provide you with the skills, strategies, and knowledge to improve relationships, build an effective resident council and explore opportunities to leverage funding that support enhanced services for residents.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a resident council
- Create a resident council
- Improve existing relationships between the PHA and resident councils
- Strengthen the impact of the resident council
- Build leadership, advocacy, and facilitation skills of resident council members and PHA staff working with the council
- Learn about Section 3 and Self-Sufficiency Programs
- Explore strategies for successful grant writing and fundraising
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.