Interactive Zoom Meeting
Thursday, September 08, 2022
- Friday, September 09, 2022
Eastern Standard Time
Thursday, September 8-Friday, September 9 from 1-4pm ET each day
Does your agency know all the ins and outs of portability? Portability in the HCV program refers to the process through which a family can transfer, or port, their rental subsidy to another housing agency. This class will review the various standards that must be met in order for a family to seek portability, and how both the initial housing agency and the receiving agency handle the transfer of assistance.
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the roles of both the initial housing agency and the receiving housing agency
- Process the HUD 50058 and HUD 52665 forms
- Trade and process payments for both port-ins and port-outs
- Understand the special processes of portability under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), Reasonable Accommodation, Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS), Veteran Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH), and more
- Know when to deny portability
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.