Ethics for Commissioners
Interactive Zoom Meeting
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
- Thursday, June 23, 2022
Eastern Standard Time
June 22 and 23 from 1:30-4:00pm ET
Join our NEW Ethics for Commissioners training!
Ethics play a significant role in the life of a commissioner. This training will increase a commissioner’s understanding of professional conduct guidelines, and their ability to recognize and appropriately address ethics-related issues and problems that may arise. Learn about laws, regulations, and policies impacting ethical conduct and build your capacity as a board member.
This training, intended for new commissioners and as a refresher for veteran commissioners, uses practical applications and skills assessment exercises to reinforce ethical concepts. You’ll leave with practical strategies to minimize risk and improve the ethical conduct of your Board and organization.
This training is a requirement for individuals seeking to obtain the NAHRO Commissioners Certification (NCC).
After completing this training, participants will be able to:
- Recall key laws and documents related to ethical conduct in affordable housing
- Identify the definition of ethics and understand its relevance in affordable housing
- Apply strategies to ethical dilemmas and to avoid conflicts of interest
- Recognize the importance of the commissioner's fiduciary duty
- Prepare and implement strategies to promote ethical conduct on the Board and in their agency
Who should attend?
- Executive Directions
NOTE: Prior to registering, please review NAHRO’s cancellation policy.